Unlocking the value of deployable autonomous technology
Archangel Imaging makes AI accessible in remote areas to save lives, animals and fight crime. Our vision is to enable human + machine teaming in the real world. Our standalone cameras and drones, with the latest on-device AI and communications technology, can detect potential problems and send near real-time alerts to the right people. Our software app allows humans, AI, satellite analytics, robots, drones and IoT sensors to work together as part of a combined team in complex missions. Together we go above and beyond to maximise the impact for our users and solve the modern world’s challenging problems.
As Tech Program Manager at Archangel Imaging, you will be reporting directly to the CEO and will be working closely with our tech team and product manager to successfully deliver technology development and implementation projects. Your role will have a major impact on our growth as you will be in charge of driving and delivering exceptional project and customer success. Our customers, in large, are in the sectors of government, aerospace and defence.
Your day-to-day activities as Tech Program Manager will include:
- Ensuring the successful delivery of new technology (hardware and software) over multiple concurrent technology projects, aligning work packages with company strategy & product roadmap whilst managing the allocation of team resources.
- Developing and managing an integrated project plan with realistic and effective schedules, budgets, and risks.
- Project reporting, administration and invoicing, working with customer systems to ensure we anticipate any delivery compliance issues or other potential hurdles.
- Liaising directly with our customers, users and our product manager to translate insights into requirements for products to be developed and improved.
- Mentoring and coaching team members to help them succeed for our customers, for each other and for themselves. Grow our future leaders!
- Contributing to the overall company’s growth by improving systems, processes and tools.
- This is the opportunity to join in a key role as part of an innovative growing start-up with a vision of human-machine collaboration.
To be able to succeed in this role, you need to have:
- Experience working with military/police/aerospace/government or similar large customers
- Proven track record in managing technical programmes from definition, through interim demonstrations to final work package/ product delivery, in all key PM areas (risks, schedule, budget, quality)
- Experience in delivering complex software &/or hardware technical projects
- Any additional experience in managing B2B/SaaS/Enterprise/grant projects or educational background in project management will make you standout! Make sure to highlight them.
- Location: Hybrid with travel when required for client visits. Office visits would ideally be 1-3 days per week. Our office is based is Harwell Space campus, Oxford. Depending on the projects, there will also be some overseas travel (not compulsory); previous locations have been: USA, Northern Europe, South America, South East Asia, East Africa.
- Security clearance: You will need access to government restricted information to do the work, so you will need to pass basic security and background checks. Eligibility and willingness to undergo future full security clearance (SC) is beneficial.
By joining us, you will have:
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a small company building cutting edge technology with big visions
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A culture of supportive team and high ownership so you can get as much responsibility as you are willing to take on
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources (PMP certificate, ect.)
- Merit-based compensation (salary, bonuses, shares options scheme)
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping, and supermarket discounts plus many more!
More about us:
Archangel Imaging is a UK AI startup transforming the way we protect people, lives and environments in difficult locations from dangers and disasters.
Our team have a track record of delivering novel award-winning technology for high-profile organisations including Network Rail, Ministry of Defence as well as overseas wildlife-conservation parks. We have a world-class team with a forward-thinking culture too. Our leadership team have decades of technical leadership experience in aerospace & embedded engineering, having worked at Airbus, Qinetiq, British Army, Nokia, Thales. Many of our team also graduated from world-leading universities, including Oxford University, and we are part of selective communities like TechNation, Creative Destruction Lab and Oxford Foundry.
Our journey started with a belief that the world’s most challenging problems will be solved by humans and smart machines working together. Since then, we have been augmenting machines to be smarter, more resilient and collaborative. We’re on a winning streak and are looking for more great people to help us build that future together with our team of fun and supportive innovators, leaders, and owners.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace