We believe the teams of the future will be hybrid, with humans working alongside machines to solve persistent, global problems, and we’re building that future using the latest in advanced AI technologies and connected edge devices.
About Archangel Imaging
With projects ranging from anti-poaching protection to rail trespass monitoring, we excel in helping companies protect their remote assets and we’re proud to have won several international awards for our work.
We are hiring experienced talents to join our scaling companies and help accelerate this journey to impact If you enjoy leading, solving difficult technical challenges, and a high paced tech environment, this is a place for you. If you like a brief summary of what it’s like to work with us, check out these slides
Archangel Imaging is seeking for an enthusiastic, passionate Camera/ISP Systems Development Engineer with a strong focus on low power imaging solutions. Ambitious, entrepreneurial, and willing to make an impact in a friendly, cutting-edge technology company to design & deliver custom camera systems to be used on drones and portable static cameras.
Working on smart cameras and reporting to the CTO the ideal candidate will have experience developing low power camera systems, able to specify everything from the optics and sensors, to the onboard processing hardware and interfaces. Firmware/software skills would enable a broader role to efficiently integrate the image sensor solutions with AI-enabled processing platforms.
Must have skills
- A degree in physics, electronics, science, or related subject
- A sound understanding of the science behind optics, electronic imaging, and illumination
- Experience selecting and integrating image sensors (CMOS, MIPI-CSI, LVDS, USB, CamLink, etc.)
- Experience delivering low power hardware solutions (ARM, FPGA, ASIC, etc.)
- Experience with optimized image processing pipelines in embedded systems (ISP, demosaic, etc.)
- Commercial experience delivering embedded hardware & software solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
Good to have skills
- Experience with novel sensors (InGaAs, thermal, SWIR, hyperspectral, etc.)
- Prototyping skills (PCB design, soldering, firmware, 3D printing, etc.)
- Image processing & compression software design & development
- Machine learning and embedded AI processors (NVIDIA Jetson/Xavier, Google Coral, etc.)
- FPGA architecture, design, and validation experience
- Embedded software design & development on an RTOS
- Wireless radio experience (Bluetooth, LoRa, Wi-Fi, cellular, etc.)
- Proficient with multiple programming languages (Python, C/C++, etc.)
- Keen interest in drones and UxVs
- Customer/user engagement experience
What’s for you?
- Opportunity to make a measurable difference in a small company with big ambitions
- Be a part of a compassionate, driven team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources and other career progression programs.
- Flexible work options: Decide your own hours of working to maintain work-life balance
- Performance-based compensation (salary, bonuses, equity)
- Plenty of career advancement opportunities
- Other perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping, and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- Location: Most of the work can be done remotely. Hardware-related work is based on the Harwell Space Campus. Visits to the office for collaboration are encouraged (when possible).
- Interested applicants may wish to join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.
- Security clearance: Due to the sensitive nature of some of our work, it would be beneficial for candidates to be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role