We believe the teams of the future will be hybrid, with humans working alongside machines to solve persistent, global problems, and we’re building that future using the latest in advanced AI technologies and connected edge devices.
Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced unmanned camera systems. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices featured at BT Augmented Intelligence 2018 (winner), Dubai’s Robotics for Good award in 2017 (finalist) and at Innovate 2017 exhibition.
Our mission is to help organisations gain and manage easily machine vision capability on edge devices deployed in remote areas, such as in automated search and rescue operations, sea crime monitoring and environmental protection missions. Our products combine cutting-edge machine learning with specialist cameras, advanced communication terminals and different levels of swarm intelligence to meet this challenge.
We are currently hiring for an embedded software engineer. The ideal candidate will be very hands on, and will discover and solve problems quickly and efficiently. The position would be a short-term employment contract with the potential to extend to a full-time role. Part-time, full-time, or some days working from home can be considered.
Working with the Device Solutions Tech Lead and other software engineers you will deliver rapid solutions for the demonstration of key technologies to customers. Our development teams will depend on you to make stuff work and the devices we will later sell will depend on what you learn from the prototypes!
- Essential skills:
Strong problem solving, communication, and teamwork
- embedded Linux development (power optimisation, boot, logic etc.)
- RTOS/bare-metal development (ARM, STM32)
- Wireless devices
- IoT solutions
Other stuff you can do that we’d like to hear about:
- Experience with [camera] sensor integration (e.g. that IoT project you did for your Dad last Christmas)
- Machine learning/GPU experience, especially Jetson TX2 or Nano
- That phone app you made to solve a cool problem
- Running deep learning on embedded devices
- Running code on tiny platforms (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32 etc)
- Awareness of modern software development (CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Vue etc.)
- Communication technology experiments (wireless weather station, IoT, satellites, cellular etc.)”