Join our scaling company on an accelerated journey to impact
Are you a detail-focused, hands-on, Control Systems Engineer with a passion for drones?
Joining us as Controls System Engineer, you will have an opportunity to lead the system analysis, modelling, design and delivery of our UXV navigation co-pilot platform. Our UXV platform operates autonomously in challenging environments where no GPS or other navigation signals are available, in civil and military use cases.
At Archangel Imaging, you will be working alongside a fun, experienced and forward-thinking team to deliver transformative AI solutions that help organisations like Network Rail and Ministry of Defence better protect our service personnel, critical infrastructure and first responders over large, remote areas. But that’s not all! We work extensively with industry drones and robotics partners to create turn-key solutions, so you will have exposure to the latest cutting-edge technologies. You will also be part of a team that has been recently selected to join GeniusNY, the world’s largest accelerator for unmanned systems in New York, where we have recently opened an office!
What you’ll be owning:
Designing, implementing and testing the control systems required for UXV navigation control
Setting up models, tools and processes to facilitate rapid design, implementation and validation of new features
Mentoring and coaching team members to help them succeed for our customers, for each other and for themselves
Continuously improving related systems, processes and tools
Working with us means you will have:
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology with big visions
- A culture of supportive team and high ownership so you can get as much responsibility as you would like to take on
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources and plenty of growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation packages (salary, bonuses, and shares options scheme)
- Options for flexible working hours and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A variety of perks: Goodies, access to discounts, and the opportunity to join the team once a year on an exciting retreat where we recharge and have fun! 😎
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Excellent understanding of control systems implementation (state machines, control tuning etc.)
- Experience with simulation of complex dynamic systems
- Strong understanding of sensor fusion and navigation (EKF etc.)
- Knowledge of a scripting language (preferably Python)
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with a logical approach to problem solving and presentation of information
- Relevant degree in a Maths, Physics or Engineering based subject
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in designing, developing and testing embedded software and hardware control systems for UAV, UXV, autonomous driving or aerospace applications
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience working with ROS or robotics sensors (IMU, GPS/GNSS, LIDAR, RADAR, Cameras, etc.)
- Experience with model-based design and modelling tools such as Simulink, UML and/or SysML
- Understanding of state-space control and advanced controller architectures (robust control etc.)
- Eligibility and willingness to undergo future full security clearance (SC)
Hybrid. We thrive on being a tight-knit team! As such, we encourage everyone who can to get together at our office at the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus, Oxfordshire a couple of days a week, noting that we’ll be making a move to new premises in Oxford early 2023. We offer flexible work arrangements and even fly international team members over to join us on-site for special occasions and all-company get-together! ✈
So, what’s next?
Apply now and someone from our HR team will get back to you asap. The usual process includes a screening call, offline assessment and then a big call with our team to get to know each other. That’s it!