Archangel Aerospace companies are deploying best-in-class technologies to help solve some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Archangel Imaging is making machines smarter, more useful teammates. Focused on delivering intelligence in remote, contested or denied environments, our standalone Argonaut range of smart cameras and Xnaut co-pilots are solving real-world problems in hard-to-reach places, acting as a multiplier for human teams and helping to build the human-machine teams of the future.
Are you a detail-focused, hands-on, Systems Engineer with a passion for drones?
Joining us as Systems Engineer, you will have an opportunity to take charge of the requirements, architecture, modelling, and design for our autonomous UXV navigation co-pilot systems. Your impact would be to ensure rapid delivery of reliable systems to end users, with a progression of feature releases.
At Archangel Imaging, you will be working alongside a fun, experienced and forward-thinking team to deliver transformative AI solutions that help organisations like Network Rail and Ministry of Defence better protect our service personnel, critical infrastructure and first responders over large, remote areas. But that’s not all! We work extensively with industry drones and robotics partners to create turn-key solutions, so you will have exposure to the latest cutting-edge technologies. You will be joining a company that is enjoying great success. We have recently won the GENIUS NY program in New York (the largest accelerator program for unmanned systems in the world). In addition we have won a number of exciting development projects with key defence customers.
What you’ll be owning:
- Managing and executing system design process for UXV Autonomous Navigation systems including trade analysis
- Defining and tracking of system requirements from initial use case definition, subsequent subsystem, and component requirement derivation
- Defining and maintaining the system architecture, interfaces and technical budget to meet those requirements
- Liaising with the team and product manager to manage technical risk
- Interfacing with external customers, partners, suppliers and external subcontractors on a technical basis as appropriate
- Mentoring and coaching team members to help them succeed for our customers, for each other and for themselves
- Contributing to company growth by improving systems, processes and tools
- Continue to develop yourself and seek feedback. We expect you to be growing with the company.
Working with us means you will have:
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology with big visions
- A culture of supportive team and high ownership so you can get as much responsibility as you would like to take on
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources and plenty of growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation packages (salary, bonuses, and shares options scheme)
- Options for flexible working hours and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A variety of perks: Goodies, access to discounts, and the opportunity to join the team once a year on an exciting retreat where we recharge and have fun! ?
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Proven track record in designing and developing significant portions of embedded hardware systems
- Experience working on complex systems with real world interactions
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle
- Ability to apply strong technical and analytical skills to engineering trade studies and system optimization
- Relevant degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science
Bonus if you have:
- Experience designing Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) systems
- Experience designing and developing UAV, UXV, autonomous driving or aerospace embedded systems
- Experience with optical and imaging systems design
- Strong experience with embedded software systems design and OO software architecture fundamentals
- Experience with model-based design and tools such as MBSE, Simulink, UML and/or SysML
- Awareness of typical robotics sensors (IMU, GPS/GNSS, LIDAR, RADAR, Cameras, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ground control systems (GCS) and safety-critical systems
- Experience working in a start-up or small team environment where you might not have readily available support & resources
- Experience developing products for defence/aerospace or similar applications
- Experience leading technical teams
- Eligibility and willingness to undergo future full security clearance (SC)
Hybrid. We thrive on being a tight-knit team! As such, we encourage everyone who can to get together at our office in Osney Mead, Oxford. We offer flexible work arrangements and even fly international team members over to join us on-site for special occasions and all-company get-together! ✈
So, what’s next?
Apply now and someone from our HR team will get back to you asap. The usual process includes a screening call, offline assessment and then a big call with our team to get to know each other. That’s it! Apply now and join Archangel Life! ?