Building the future to make the world a more connected place
Are you an experienced Project Manager with a passion to make the world (and the solar system) a more connected place?
Joining Archangel Lightworks, you will manage the development of free space laser communication technology from advanced prototypes through to final delivery and commissioning. The laser terminal technology which you help deliver will offer high-speed, deployable data movement solutions for civil and military applications.
Join us and you will be working with a fun, experienced, and forward-thinking space engineering team to deliver transformative free-space lasercom solutions to help solve some of Earth’s most critical problems, from economic inclusion to climate change. But that’s not all! We work extensively with aerospace primes, space agencies and specialist research partners which will provide you with exposure to cutting-edge technologies and exciting challenges, all in a fast-paced, supportive startup environment. You will be an integral part of a growing team which has already won international prizes and awards including having completed the Catalyst Accelerator which is backed by the US Air Force, Space Force and Microsoft.
You will make an impact by:
- Ensuring the successful delivery of optical communication product development and delivery projects, working closely with the CTO and project technical leads
- Developing and managing an integrated project plan with realistic and effective schedules, budgets, resources, and risk mitigations, to meet milestones and contractual obligations
- Effectively managing stakeholder relationships with our customers and partners
- Acquiring and managing contracts, e.g. for hardware and engineering services
- Supporting business development activities, e.g. in scoping, planning and costing
- Mentoring, coaching, providing regular feedback and training to help our teammates grow and succeed for our customers, for each other and for themselves
- Contribute to company continuous improvement by improving systems, processes and tools related to project management and reporting
Your primary activities will relate to project delivery and coordination, but we are a growing team with numerous opportunities to contribute. Our team members contribute in many ways to support the company’s common goals and strategy. You may find yourself leading flight test activities in the United States, presenting at conferences in the EU and/or leading volunteer days with local STEM outreach organisations back in the UK.
Must have requirements
- Substantial Project Management experience in an aerospace / space context
- Proven track record in leading technical teams and managing cross-disciplinary technical programs, from project definition to product delivery/demonstration, which include some or all of the following elements: embedded software, electronics, mechanical and optical systems
- Experience managing complex hardware projects through manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing phases e.g. ESA phase C/D/E
Nice to have requirements
You don’t need these to apply, but please highlight if you have any of them to help your application stand out:
- Experience developing satellite communication systems;
- Experience developing electro-optical systems/payloads;
- Familiarity with Space Agency and MOD (Ministry of Defence) processes;
- Familiarity with ECSS standards and their implications for product delivery; and/or,
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architect and/or other MBSE tools.
- Location: Hybrid with travel when required. Our office is currently based at the Harwell Space Campus, Oxfordshire, but we’ll be making a move to new premises in Oxford early 2023. Ideally 3-4 days per week will be in person in the office.
By joining us, you will have:
- The opportunity to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology to support a world-changing vision;
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you;
- Merit-based compensation (salary, equity options scheme), alongside pension contribution and annual leave allowance
- Investment in you to help you grow, with training resources and budget
- A supportive team culture with high levels of ownership and responsibility
- Annual team retreat, regular socials and weekly team lunch
- A variety of additional perks including goodies, shopping discounts, learning and wellbeing app subscriptions