Archangel Aerospace is the leading consultancy and incubator for long endurance unmanned technology and operations. We solve the most challenging problems and lead innovation in enduring unmanned systems. We also reduce costs and improve efficiency of our customer’s operations.
About Archangel Imaging
Archangel Imaging believe the teams of the future will be hybrid, with humans working alongside machines to solve persistent, global problems, and we’re building that future using the latest in advanced AI technologies and connected edge devices.
With projects ranging from anti-poaching protection to rail trespass monitoring, we excel in helping companies protect their remote assets and we’re proud to have won several international awards for our work. We’ll provide you a high-paced, challenging and fulfilling environment to further your career, empowering you to help you shine in your role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate junior applications developer eager to push themselves and advance their full-stack development skills in a friendly, cutting edge technology company.
Working on our mission management platform, Cerebella, the ideal candidate is one who keeps their finger on the pulse of the latest developments in client-side and server-side technology, are passionate about their craft and excited to deliver both first class user experiences and clean code across our products.
Our platform technology stack uses React on the front-end and React Native for our mobile applications, all served from a Node, PHP and MySQL back-end. Our infrastructure runs on AWS, enabling us to build scalability into our platform as a default. As for getting our code into production, we use the latest in CI/CD to keep our development velocity high and release risk low, deploying code to production multiple times per day.
Essential skills / Experience
- A degree in computer science or related subject
- 1-2 years working with MySQL or related database technology
- An unquenchable passion for all-things web and application development
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, React Testing Library, Mocha etc)
- Keen interest in developer workflow, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Production usage of messaging services (RabbitMQ, MQTT)
- Production usage of query builders and ORMs (Knex.js, Objection)
- Merit-based compensation (salary, bonuses, equity)
- A VR headset and app credits which you can keep once you have passed probation.
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a small company with big ambitions
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- As much responsibility as you are willing to take on
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- Location: Remote
- Interested applicants may wish to join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.