Archangel Aerospace is the leading consultancy and incubator for long endurance unmanned technology and operations. We solve the most challenging problems and lead innovation in enduring unmanned systems. We also reduce costs and improve efficiency of our customer’s operations.
About Archangel Imaging:
We believe the teams of the future will include people working alongside smart machines to solve persistent, global problems. We’re building that future using the latest in advanced AI technologies and connected edge devices.
With projects ranging from anti-poaching patrol to rail trespass monitoring, we excel in helping companies protect their remote assets and we’re proud to have won several international awards for our work. We’ll provide you with a high-paced, challenging and fulfilling career and an opportunity to have impact from day 1.
We are looking for a versatile, entrepreneurial, high potential product manager to help us build great products, from early phase of innovation through to scaling. Working on moonshot, globally impactful B2B technology, the ideal candidate would be someone who can understand, synthesise and channel engineering, user development and market development efforts into shipping great products and features that delight our customers.
The role is market-facing and you will be expected to help shape marketing material and to assist in targeted sales.
Joining us at this stage will also enable you to influence the product direction and help hire your perfect teammates as we grow.
How you will make your impact:
Responsibilities will vary depending on your skills, experience and desired career direction. You will take the lead on engaging with and advocating for our end users, ensuring our internal work and customer projects deliver competitive products as outputs.
- Discover & translate requirements
- Develop & test offerings
- Focus product effort
- Internal Coordination & Launch
- Advocate for the product
- Support sales process refinement
- Improve product processes and Growth
- A degree in STEM subjects or demonstrable technical knowledge in software development, AI, electronics, robotics, wireless, web technologies
- Product management knowledge & experience in an early-stage startup or at an agency building and launching irresistible digital and/or hardware B2B products
- Direct customer-facing experience and the ability to travel when it is feasible
- Experience planning, managing, communicating roadmaps, specs, user stories, etc.
- Experience in effective collaboration with engineers, designers, customers, analysts, and stakeholders to make decisions within constraints, negotiate trade-offs, and deliver against the roadmap
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Sales experience
- Process design experience (e.g., sales process, marketing process, NPD process)
- Experience in leading and growing leaders and a genuine care to do so
- Industry experience in rail, conservation, energy, policing, security, emergency rescue or aerospace & defence.
- Experience in scaling manufacture of hardware products.
- Experience in ongoing support of enterprise SAAS solutions.
- Project management experience, ideally in delivering a technology development project.
- Security clearance: Due to the sensitive nature of some of our work, it would be beneficial for candidates to be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role
- Potential bonus and significant equity for demonstrated impact
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A variety of training and learning programs, from online to residential and in-house learning
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
- A Virtual Reality headset for team socials and more
- Location: Most of the work can be done remotely. Hardware-related work is based the Harwell Space Campus. Visits to the office for collaboration are encouraged (when possible).
- Interested applicants may wish to join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.