Space for Ambitions
To support our missions we are looking for Ground Controllers, who are excited to be part of the Argotec Mission Control Centre and are able to perform in a flexible, high demanding, and fast-growing work environment.
You will be part of the Ground Controller team which is responsible for the ground systems infrastructure and ground communications in the Mission Control Centre (MCC). Argotec’s Mission Control Centre is directly connected to the NASA Deep Space Network (DSN). This is where we control our missions, where we see our work in action and where technology can bring a closer look at what is happening millions of kilometres away.
In this role, you will work independently as well as in a team to support and assist the Flight Control Team during preparation (pre-launch phase) and real-time operations of nanosatellites in the deep space. In this position you will be reporting to the Spacecraft Operations Manager for the operations of the MCC systems, Space and Ground Networks, International Partner (IP) remote gateways, payload and other operations control centre interfaces.
The preparatory and real-time activities typically include:
- Development and execution of procedures to monitor, control, and direct the ground systems resources required to meet the test, simulation, or mission operations objectives.
- Coordination, management, and analysis of options to ensure the resource requirements, configurations, and capabilities are identified, scheduled and ready to perform nominal and off-nominal operations.
- Be the focal point for managing the operational configuration of the ground network data and communications systems to ensure the readiness of these systems to perform the various missions, simulation and test activities.
- Be responsible for coordinating and documenting the configuration of MCC, Space and Ground data and communication networks for spaceflight tests and missions.
- Ensure the availability and operability of the MCC facilities and all inter-center interfaces.
- Operate the GC console for the assigned tests, simulations and flight operations.
- Configuration and management of the ground data systems/communications.
- Development of the relevant Flight Operations Procedure (FOP) for the assigned mission, including nominal and contingency ground operations procedures (e.g., What to do in case of…?).
- Participation in a dedicated training campaign, including simulations using hardware-in-the-loop.
- Establish and maintain technical competency and cognizance of the control center systems, support plans, problems, and resolution status. Includes active participation in the training and certification process.
The selected candidate will also support the preparation of technical proposals for Ground Segment and Operations related sections when needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or STEM-related studies.
- 1-2 years of experience, gained in space flight operations, control centre operations and/or ground or space network operations.
- An effective approach in the reporting of the information and outcomes.
- Knowledge of telecommand (TC)/telemetry (TM) parameters.
- Knowledge of basic communication protocols (VPN and LAN).
- Knowledge of programming language and scripting (Python, Tcl, C, Java, JS, Go-Lang).
- Proven decision-making and problem resolution capabilities.
- Troubleshooting capacity in case of issue in-network data exchange (from Application to Link TCP/IP layer)
- Experience in utilization of Windows, Windows Server, and Linux machines
- Team oriented.
- Able to work with a flexible and dynamic work schedule.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Experience in PaloAlto and Fortinet firewall management.
- Experience in performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving.
- Participation and involvement in test campaigns.
- DB management and administration skills (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace