From Italy to the world, from the world to the universe: our goal is to give more space to ambitious, enterprising ideas. We do everything in-house: we design, develop, assemble and test products that combine reliability with top performance. This is one of the reasons why we are chosen by the best international space agencies, such as NASA, ESA and ASI.
Collaborating daily with the Italian Space Agency and coordinating some of the space missions, our instruments and services make life better for astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and for future space explorers.
Our Engineering Team is looking for a motivated AIT & Design Engineer, who is excited about our mission and able to support the mechanical design, configuration, as well as testing activities of Small Satellites.
Space systems knowledge, in particular of Structure and Thermal Control Systems, architecture and analysis capability.
Experience in testing and integration activities, as well as prototyping and manufacturing.
You will be part of the AIT & Design Unit and will have the opportunity to be involved in all the phases of challenger development projects of Satellite platforms, payloads and experiments.
The role includes the mechanical and thermal design, requirements definition, analyses, and you will be able to work with a team of passionate engineers supporting the development of our new products.
These activities will include:
- Satellite configuration and analysis.
- 3D & 2D modelling.
- Integration and Test activities in Clean Room environment.
- Integration and Test procedure preparation.
- Support to testing activities and experimental data analysis.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Prototyping and manufacturing (3D printing, CNC).
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- At least 3 years of working experience.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Previous experience in projects in the space/ aerospace industry.
- Experience in CAD design and analysis of space hardware.
- Knowledge of ECSS.
- Very good knowledge of SolidWorks, Femap/Nastran and COMSOL Multiphysics environment
- Design knowledge of Structure Subsystem (SS) and Thermal Control System (TCS) architecture for a
- Satellite Platform.
- Previous experience in using laboratory tools and equipment, for manual integration and testing of space hardware.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- High flexibility and team-working skills.
- Proactive and curious person, and able problem solver.
- Familiar with EN9100 normative.
- Experience in 3D printing or CNC manufacturing.
- Knowledge of MIL/Space Standards.