From Italy to the world, from the world to the universe: our goal is to give more space to ambitious, enterprising ideas. We do everything in-house: we design, develop, assemble and test products that combine reliability with top performance. This is one of the reasons why we are chosen by the best international space agencies, such as NASA, ESA and ASI.
Collaborating daily with the Italian Space Agency and coordinating some of the space missions, our instruments and services make life better for astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and for future space explorers.
Our Engineering Team is looking for a talented ISS Payload System Engineer, who is excited about our mission and able to support the development, integration, and qualification of ISS Payloads, acting as main technical interface with ASI, ESA, NASA, and commercial Stations providers. Knowledge of the ISS systems and payloads, including ISS payload integration and safety processes is highly required.
In this role, you will be part of the System Engineering Unit and will have the opportunity to be involved also in the relevant design and development phases of micro-satellite payloads and platform. The ISS System Engineer is the interface with the Ground Ops Team operating at the Argotec USOC connected to the ISS Ground Segment to provide payloads in-orbit support.
These main activities will include:
- Coordination of the technical team supporting the Payload Development.
- Define the Payload ICD, according to the applicable ESA and/or NASA standards.
- Support the Payload Manifesting Process.
- Interface the Principal Investigator for technical coordination.
- Interface the ISS International Partners and PayIoad Integration Managers for technical coordination.
- Coordinate and support the payload design reviews with the clients.
- Coordinate and support the technical response to the Client’s RIDs.
- Revision of the payload related technical documentation.
- Coordinate and support the requirements verifications according to the applicable ICD.
- Support the payload qualification process.
- Support the procurement office for components/parts provisioning.
- Support the payload operations team.
- Support the PA and Safety engineer assigned to the specific payload.
- Report to the Project Manager and to the System Engineering Unit Head.
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar role.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of the ECSS-E series and NASA SSPs.
- Knowledge of ISS payload integration and safety processes.
- Previous experience in ISS payloads development and qualification with similar duties.
- Strong communication & team-working skills.
- Proficient in Italian and English.