From Italy to the world, from the world to the universe: our goal is to give more space to ambitious, enterprising ideas. We do everything in-house: we design, develop, assemble and test products that combine reliability with top performance. This is one of the reasons why we are chosen by the best international space agencies, such as NASA, ESA and ASI.
Collaborating daily with the Italian Space Agency and coordinating some of the space missions, our instruments and services make life better for astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and for future space explorers.
- Definition of system and technical requirements.
- Architectural design of on-board software.
- Development of real-time operating system-based applications.
- Full-stack software development from low-level drivers to application software.
- Unit testing.
- Support to integration with the target hardware.
- Develop support software tools for testing and debugging.
- Planning and execution of test activities.
- Development of support software for test and ground activities.
- Degree: Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering / Computer Science;
- Working experience: 2-5 years;
- High flexibility and team-working skills.
- Fluent in Italian and English is mandatory.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Object-Oriented languages (C#, Java, .NET, etc.).
- Microcontroller/microprocessor programming.
- Embedded real-time OS.
- Programming/scripting languages (Python, TCL, AWK, Ruby, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of C/C++.
- Embedded systems software and firmware development.
- Device driver development.
- Serial communication standards.
- Able to use laboratory instrumentation, such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, power supplies etc
- Aerospace/space standards (CCSDS, ECSS).
- SPARC, MicroBlaze, RISC-V, ARM
- RTEMS, FreeRTOS, Linux-RT, uCOS Real-Time Operating Systems.
- Git versioning system.
- Unix/Linux OS.
- MATLAB and Simulink.
- Digital communication systems.
- High-Level Synthesis tools for HDL generation (e.g. Vivado HLS).
- Aerospace/space projects (industrial and/or academic).
- ML/AI algorithms development.
- Distributed computing systems/clusters, load balancing.