From Italy to the world, from the world to the universe: our goal is to give more space to ambitious, enterprising ideas. We do everything in-house: we design, develop, assemble and test products that combine reliability with top performance. This is one of the reasons why we are chosen by the best international space agencies, such as NASA, ESA and ASI.
Collaborating daily with the Italian Space Agency and coordinating some of the space missions, our instruments and services make life better for astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and for future space explorers.
Our Engineering Team is looking for a Thermal Engineer, who is excited about our mission and able to support the design of thermal control systems based on two-phase heat transfer for Space and Ground applications. The new Colleague will be part of the AIT& Design Unit and will have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the projects.
The role includes the mechanical and thermal design and the numerical simulations, and you will be able to work with a team of passionate and collaborative engineers supporting the development of new products.
These activities will include:
- Multiphysics simulations, e.g. thermal, fluid-dynamic.
- Design of two-phase systems.
- Support to testing activities and experimental data analysis.
- Validation of numerical models.
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace/Energy/Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of working experience.
- High flexibility and team-working skills.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Previous experience in projects (industrial and/or academic) in the aerospace/space industry.
- Previous experience in thermal and fluid-dynamic modelling.
- Good knowledge of Comsol Multiphysics, and C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of English language, both written and spoken.
- Proactive and curious person, and able problem solver.
- Knowledge of MIL/Space Standards.