Arianespace, an ArianeGroup subsidiary, provides launch services for all types of satellites into all orbits. The company has set the global standard since 1980, orbiting more than 600 satellites with its family of three launchers: Ariane, Soyuz and Vega. Arianespace is headquartered in Évry, near Paris, and has a technical facility at the Guiana Space Center, Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, plus local offices in Washington D.C., Tokyo and Singapore.
Arianespace, a subsidiary of ArianeGroup, provides guaranteed launch solutions for all types of satellites, whether institutional or commercial, to all orbits. Since 1980, Arianespace has been a world reference with more than 700 satellites orbited thanks to its 3 launchers (Ariane, Soyuz and Vega). The company, headquartered in Evry, France, is also located in Kourou (at the Guyanese Space Center, Europe Spaceport), Washington D.C., Tokyo and Singapore.
Technical & Quality Directorate, Quality Division.
Reporting to the Head of the Quality Division, as Quality Engineer your role will be to:
- Conduct quality management of the procurement process for Arianespace’s range of launchers by :
- Checking that processes are correctly applied ;
- Taking part in or being represented at key-point acceptance meetings with manufacturers and reviewing resulting documentation ;
- Participating in launcher quality assurance at reviews ;
- Checking that concessions and alerts are handled appropriately, in relation to configuration management ;
- Performing audits at the prime premises to ensure compliance wrt the documentation, compliance wrt the processes in production and propose improvements ;
- Performing operations audits ;
- Piloting quality enquiries ;
- Participating to specific working groups ;
- Proposing relevant action plan for the prime following/evaluation ;
- Performing indicators wrt the prime activities ;
- Performing regular synthesis wrt the prime activities ;
- Participating to all the technical committees as well as all the production reviews ;
- Following the completion of the actions relevant to the prime, issued from the launch campaigns.
- Your tasks as Quality Engineer may encompass :
- liquid and solid propulsion,
- mission analyses and flight program,
- fluid circuits (helium, nitrogen, air, launcher propellants),
- command-control systems,
- general mechanical engineering (hydraulics, hoisting systems).
You will interface with production, program and quality entities at launcher primes and in close relation with the BU Vega.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree from an engineering school or equivalent European university and have several years’ experience in the field of quality management and practically is comfortable with industrial audits.
The candidate shall have strong knowledge in Vega launch systems.
Rigorous, methodical, synthetical and a good team worker, the candidate will have the ability to clearly communicate and explain quality methods and to ensure that they are applied.
The international context in which Arianespace operates and particularly an assignment to the prime Avio survey demand proficiency in French, English. Speaking Italian would be appreciated.
PLACE OF WORK
Evry (near Paris), French Guiana (depending on division requirements), with missions abroad (mainly in Europe) and specifically in Italy.
Driver’s license required.
Confidentiality requirement: job subject to NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) – Case 7724.
Send application (resume + cover letter) to:
email@example.com (Re: job DQ no 21.02)
Direction des Ressources Humaines
Boulevard de l’Europe – BP 177
91006 Evry Courcouronnes Cedex (France)