Using Space for a better life on Earth
Arianespace, a subsidiary of ArianeGroup, guarantees access to space transport services and solutions for all types of satellites, institutional and commercial, to all orbits. Since 1980, Arianespace has been a world reference with more than 600 satellites put into orbit, thanks to its three launchers (Ariane, Soyuz and Vega). The company, whose head office is located in the Paris region, is also located in the European Spaceport in Guyana, Washington DC, Tokyo and Singapore.
The mission of the Arianespace Business Unit is to meet Arianespace’s commitments to its customers and shareholders, by providing launch services on behalf of Arianespace customers (from the signing of the contract to submission of the launch operating report), in compliance with the agreed Quality, Cost and Deadline requirements.
Within the Project Management Group, the Project Manager is responsible for the proper execution of the launch service contracts entrusted to him. As such,
- He (she) ensures the execution of the contract and acts as a single point of contact with the Customer for all aspects related to it (commercial and technical) from the signing of the contract until the launch of the satellite (s) concerned. He (she) is responsible for negotiating any amendments to the contract during the execution phase;
- He (she) is responsible for the coordination of all internal activities of the company relating to the contract (technical, mission analyzes, flight suitability, operations, quality, contractual, financial, public relations, etc.) in particular through the maintenance of the Interface Control Document (DCI) which documents all satellite / launcher interfaces;
- He (she) keeps himself informed of the evolution and progress of the program with the customer and the manufacturer (planning, technical difficulties, definition and evolution of the satellite in particular);
- Depending on the launch service contract (Ariane, Soyuz or Vega), he (she) reports functionally to the Directors of the Business Lines / Units concerned, while ensuring compliance with the cost-quality-time objectives that have been set for him / her.
In general, he (she) manages Arianespace’s relationship with the client for the launch service contracts entrusted to him.
The Project Manager represents the Business Unit in the countryside in Kourou. He (she) continues to manage and coordinate the relationship with the Client during the campaign generally from the BT POC until the launch.
The Project Manager may be required to participate in response activities to calls for tenders, under the authority of the Sales Sectors.
Graduated from an engineering school or an equivalent French or European university and justifying a solid professional experience in a technical environment, during which he (she) will have managed customer / supplier relations at the level system.
Knowledge of Ariane, Soyuz and Vega launchers and application satellites.
The international context specific to ARIANESPACE’s activity requires fluency in English and French. Knowledge of a third language would be an additional advantage.
This position requires:
- Interpersonal skills, sense of customer service and a team spirit,
- Great autonomy and a spirit of initiative,
- Negotiation skills, the ability to convince and resistance to stress,
- Sense of priorities,
- Availability: to respond to Customers and / or requests from Arianespace Management.