The real alternative to hydrazine-based propulsion systems
About Arkadia Space:
Arkadia Space is an in-space propulsion company, developing and commercializing the most performing chemical systems using green propellants, the real alternative to traditional storable propulsion.
Both HQ offices and Rocket Test Center are located at Castellón Airport, in Spain.
We have an agile and bold approach to propulsion, and we want proactive and multidisciplinary professionals that help us shape a company capable of fulfilling our ambitious vision:
To enable mobility and exploration anywhere on the solar system
We want people that understand problems and can adapt to new challenges, that have the necessary humility that helps them and the company to improve every day, and that can thrive on a team built on trust.
This position will require a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and the initial works will be focused on the development of a market-oriented monopropellant engine based on HTP. Starting from an already working prototype, the selected engineer will be responsible of improving key aspects of the design and to bring it to a flight ready product status. This position combines design and testing tasks, constantly in contact with the hardware, for an iterative maturation process.
- MSc. in Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on experience on hardware projects, especially those related to rocket propulsion
- Good knowledge of rocket engine design and analysis
- Experience working with FEA / CFD software
- Experience in testing and data analysis
- Coding experience in math environments (MATLAB/Simulink and/or Python)
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in development of liquid thrusters and apogee engines for the industry (monopropellant and bipropellant)
- Experience in AIT of liquid propulsion systems
- Skilled in CAD modelling (Siemens NX is a plus)
- Fluent in Spanish
Salary and benefits:
- Salary to be agreed based on experience
- Full time work with some remote work flexibility
- Flexible working hours