Automation Engineer/SDET Engineer
Arqit is a leader in post quantum encryption. It has deployed a PaaS to classified government and large enterprise customers. It recently published a peer reviewed security proof proving that Arqit is the only company in the World which can generate zero trust and quantum safe end point symmetric key agreement at scale.
Arqit supplies a unique quantum encryption Platform-as-a-Service which makes the communications links of any networked device secure against current and future forms of attack – even from a quantum computer.
Arqit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering, computer science and cryptography, and we now have an opportunity for an Automation Engineer/SDET Engineer. The company has been growing fast which means there are plenty of opportunities for your career growth at Arqit as we scale up, but we’re still very much a fast-paced start-up environment. We have high-spec offices in central London but there is also the opportunity to work from home.
Our software team is scaling
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arqit as we accelerate our development.
We are looking to expand our software team with individuals that are interested in joining a fast-paced, exciting tech scale-up which focuses on a range of different technology areas. If you have any or many of the attributes listed below then we’d love to hear from you!
We will offer you fun and interesting work in areas from cloud cybersecurity to trade finance. We have a great team culture that gives you the opportunity to innovate, take ownership, and scale new heights in your career as the company grows.
Roles available include: Software QA/Automation/SDET Engineers
You’re an intelligent innovator who thinks outside of the box with a record of delivering great results against the most complex of problems. You take ownership without being asked to, but you’re also a team player with a relentless desire for your team to succeed. You’re open, honest and respectful, appreciating the value of diversity, and you enjoy the challenge of working in an ambiguous environment where no two days are the same. You recognise the need to work at pace but are also laser focussed on UX to ensure that what’s delivered delights the end-user.
Your New Position
As an Automation engineer/SDET Engineer within the Software Engineering organisation at Arqit, you’ll get the chance to work on an exciting strategic product roadmap in one of the following areas:
- Enterprise and consumer cybersecurity products
- Trade Finance Systems
We’ll work out which team you’d best fit during the interview process based on your previous experience and interests. Once you join your team, you’ll be responsible for the test and support of software components, and will be involved throughout the full SDLC using modern cloud architectures, frameworks, tools and languages.
This is a great opportunity to join our high-performing team and make a real-world impact as we scale on our exciting journey into an emerging technology space, working with talented teams of product managers, scientists, cryptographers, systems engineers, designers and software architects and engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with and realising the vision of our stellar team of cyber experts to address security threats for today and the future.
- Developing ground-breaking cybersecurity focused cloud PaaS systems, utilising modern distributed cloud technology stacks and your previous experiences to solve novel technical challenges.
- Building and maintaining a quality driven engineering culture that helps ship products with confidence.
- Working with product engineering team to ensure quality of product/feature, assess risk and ensure features ship with a very high quality bar.
- Specifying, creating and executing system-level functional and non-functional automated tests for services and applications for public and hybrid/private clouds, cloud APIs, client SDKs, applications and software for a variety of platforms (IoT/mobile/server/appliance/laptop).
- Using a risk-based testing approach, analyse changes to the software to determine areas for in-depth exploratory testing, defining an exploratory testing plan, executing the plan and finding hard to find bugs
- Working within the software engineering team, defining suitable acceptance tests for each story in the backlog before being scheduled into a sprint
- Raising defects in JIRA, and verifying the fixes
- Helping to refine our agile development practices, ensuring the team continually delivers superior quality software by focussing on quality-driven software engineering practices.
- Working with the Product Management team to help refine requirements and workflows, and use your customer focus to ensure world-class UX.
- Investigating internal or customer related issues, identifying root cause and providing solutions.
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues to help them realise their potential.
- Reviewing technical documentation for accuracy and correctness
What we’re looking for:
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering or related field, or significant commercial experience of developing complex mission-critical enterprise software and services.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment
- Experience of automated testing
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/programming language
- Experience in designing and developing/extending automation tools and frameworks.
- Ability to work in the UK and to obtain UK security clearance are both essential
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Exposure to database testing (SQL and NoSQL)
- Working knowledge of testing API layer.