Symmetric Encryption Reborn for the Cloud
Professional Services Engineer
We have a Purpose: we use transformational quantum encryption technology to keep safe the data of our governments, enterprises and citizens. You can be a part of that purpose. Join a team where every member is valued in our work solving a big problem impacting people and outcomes around the globe. Our business is about trust in data and we start with trust in you.
Arqit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers and we now have new opportunity for a Professional Services Engineer. The role may involve working in our London office or in our regional operations centre, and there will be considerable flexibility around working from home.
We believe that inclusivity makes us a stronger, happier team, with better decision-making and greater ability to connect with all customers, and we are committed to maintaining a working environment which is welcoming and supportive.
What you’ll be doing:
As part of our collaborative team, you will work directly with our customers to understand their products and architecture, identify integration points with the Arqit stack, and help our customers integrate our capabilities into their products. You’ll help them design and implement innovative solutions that help them fully benefit from our products. You will also deliver and develop training, work with our R&D and product teams to help develop our services and be a customer advocate within Arqit. You’ll be a blend of software engineer, client-facing consultant, trainer, and Pre-Sales Engineer, with experience in a pre- or post-sales engineering role working at all levels within customer organisations from the engineering team to the C-suite.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy working for an exciting and innovative technology company. You will also have a genuine passion for cybersecurity, cryptography, data protection and enjoy problem solving.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong customer relations and presentation skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of software architecture and the ability to identify integration points rapidly
- Demonstrable experience in software development and/or a support role
- Deep understanding of computer network architecture (including SDN)
- Experience with cybersecurity and networking (NG Firewalls, web gateways, CASB, SASE etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree related to telecommunications, engineering, computer science
- Ability to work in the UK and ability to gain UK security clearance are both essential
- Experience building web service APIs or UIs
- Experience with one or more of the following: IoT, connected vehicles, 5G/OpenRAN
- Multi-year experience of rolling out technical projects across multiple platforms
- Professional Service Engineering or similar (such as consultancy) experience