Symmetric Encryption Reborn for the Cloud
Satellite Control Segment Manager
ArQit is building the world’s first global quantum safe SaaS system to deliver provable security to data at rest, on the move and in transaction. Pioneering at the deep tech layer with novel quantum protocols and platforms, ArQit’s technology is unique, patent rich, highly protectable and potentially transformational across all categories of cloud service. Well-funded and strongly supported, we will remain in stealth mode for some time to come.
ArQit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering, computer science and cryptography, and we now have an opportunity for a Satellite Control Segment Engineer to support the design and development of the satellite control systems and preparation for operations. This will be an exciting role working towards the deployment and operations of the ArQit QKD system.
The role is based in London with significant home-working time possible. There will be some international travel.
We are committed to the principles of equality and inclusivity, and to maintaining a working environment which is welcoming and supportive.
What you will be doing
- Manage the delivery of the satellite control segment for the QKDSat system (including satellite control systems, flight dynamics systems, mission planning and TT&C infrastructure).
- Define and manage the requirements and system level design for the satellite control and TT&C systems.
- Define operational concepts and manage the delivery of ops products from the satellite manufacturer (databases, procedures, handbooks, etc.)
- Manage suppliers for the delivery of operations products (databases, procedures, etc.) and satellite control systems.
- Manage the deployment and validation of operational systems.
- Manage verification activities for the control segment and higher system verification testing.
- Support the recruitment and management of a team of engineers and operators for the operation of the QKDSat satellites.
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level in Physics, Engineering or a Technical Discipline (min 2:1)
- Proven experience in satellite control segment delivery and/or operational system administration.
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
- Comfortable working autonomously within a small dynamic team.
- Ability to work in the UK and ability to obtain UK security clearance are both essential
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Familiarity with Modelling Tools e.g. MatLab, Python, System Toolkit
- Familiarity with Requirements Management Tools e.g. DOORS, JAMA
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and methodologies.
- Experience with LEO control systems and operations.
- Experience with ECSS standards.