Symmetric Encryption Reborn for the Cloud
Software Engineering Manager – London
Arqit supplies a unique quantum encryption Platform-as-a-Service which makes the communications links of any networked device secure against current and future forms of attack – even from a quantum computer.
Arqit’s product, QuantumCloud™ was launched in July 2021. It enables any device to download a lightweight software agent, which can create encryption keys in partnership with any other device. The keys are computationally secure, one-time use and zero trust. QuantumCloud™ can create limitless volumes of keys in limitless group sizes and can regulate the secure entrance and exit of a device in a group. The addressable market for QuantumCloud™ is every connected device.
On 7 September 2021, Arqit completed its business combination with Centricus Acquisition Corp. (“Centricus”) a special purpose acquisition company. The combined company has retained the name Arqit Quantum Inc. Arqit trades on Nasdaq under the ticker symbols “ARQQ” and “ARQQW”.
Our software team is scaling
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arqit as we accelerate our development.
We are looking to expand our software team with individuals that are interested in joining a fast-paced, exciting tech scale-up which focuses on a range of different technology areas. If you have any or many of the attributes listed below then we’d love to hear from you!
We will offer you fun and interesting work in areas from cloud cybersecurity to satellite mission planning. We have a great team culture that gives you the opportunity to innovate, take ownership, and scale new heights in your career as the company grows.
You’re an intelligent servant leader who thinks outside of the box with a record of delivering great results against the most complex of problems. You take ownership without being asked to, but you’re also a team player with a relentless desire for your team to succeed, empowering them in order to maximise their success. You’re open, honest and respectful, appreciating the value of diversity, and you enjoy the challenge of working in an ambiguous environment where no two days are the same. You recognise the need to work at pace but are also laser focussed on UX to ensure that what’s delivered delights the end-user.
Your New Position
As an Engineering Manager within the Softw. are Engineering organisation at Arqit, you will lead a growing team of software engineers from a variety of backgrounds to help deliver on the Arqit vision.
You’ll build on your strength and experience as a software team manager and your history of building exceptional engineering teams to help your teams excel in delivering complex software products and/or projects on time and to budget. You’ll work within the software engineering organisation and across the wider space engineering team to deliver on software projects across the cloud cybersecurity space.
This is a great opportunity to join our high-performing team and make a real-world impact as we scale on our exciting journey into an emerging technology space, working with talented teams of product managers, scientists, cryptographers, satellite systems engineers, designers and software architects and engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll work closely with the Chief Software Engineer, software architects and your team to deliver monthly releases of our QuantumCloud™ platform.
- As a servant leader, you’ll empower your team and support them in delivering on-time: to-budget and to-quality.
- You’ll take ownership of the entire SDLC for the development of software components for QuantumCloud™, being accountable for delivering fully tested software components into the production environment.
- You’ll be periodically reporting on progress to the project team, ensuring that emerging risks are identified and mitigated fast.
- You’ll be involved on a daily basis as the software architecture is defined and amended, and will use your architectural experience to pressure test proposed architectures.
- You’ll support your team in their learning and development as they develop their skills and experience, helping to build a culture of continuous learning in the software engineering organisation, whilst identifying and assisting any team members whose performance is below the expected level.
- You’ll work with your team to iteratively improve software engineering process and practice within the team.
- You’ll work with the Head of Talent to identify and hire exceptional engineering talent to grow your team.
- You’ll foster a culture of innovation within the team, in order to drive IP for Arqit.
- You’ll work cross-organisation with colleagues in the space engineering team to drive innovation, and reduce costs and risks.
- You’ll be coaching and mentoring software engineers and architects , helping to develop a technical leadership pipeline within Arqit.
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering or related field, or significant commercial experience of developing complex mission-critical software and services
- Significant experience in an engineering manager role, with 3+ years hands-on software engineering in distributed system engineering (cloud/on-prem).
- Experience of software architecture within the cybersecurity market, in particular of distributed systems using microservice architecture in cloud environments.
- Proven team-building and staff development experience, with a focus on helping engineers excel
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience dealing with senior executives, both internal and external
- The ability to work in the UK and ability to obtain UK security clearance are both ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of applied cryptography
- Experience building aerospace systems