Symmetric Encryption Reborn for the Cloud
Solution Architect/Solution Design Engineer – Ground Segment
ArQit is a world-leading high-innovation organisation: we’re building the world’s first global quantum safe cloud PaaS system to deliver provable security to data at rest, on the move and in transaction. ArQit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering and cryptography, and we now have an opportunity for a Solution Architect/Solution Design Engineer to focus on our ground segment.
The role will involve working both in our London office, with significant flexibility around working from home possible. We are committed to maintaining a working environment which is welcoming and supportive.
As the Solution Architect within the Service Segment at ArQit, you will support the Segment Lead by delivering architecture and design artefacts for an exciting and challenging infrastructure and software project which will deliver a satellite-based global service. You’ll take advantage of your deep experience in software and hardware architecture, network and communications, to help deliver on the ArQit vision.
You will be a key contributor as the engineering team continues to build a solution which will provide protection against quantum computing threats in digital communications for our customers, both enterprise and consumers, and will be a key contributor to system, segment and module design, build, test and deployment.
You will be involved in driving requirements and defining architecture and interfaces, working closely with the Software Architect to enable the software engineering team to deliver against the overall Service Segment needs and objectives. You will work on a daily basis cross-organisation with engineers from the Service, Space and Ground Segment engineering teams.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced team on their exciting journey into an emerging technology space, working with talented teams of product managers, scientists, designers and software and space engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will use your knowledge to propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- You will work closely with the Segment Lead and Software Architect to ensure overall ArQit system and business needs are met.
- You will deliver architecture and design artefacts, including (but not limited to) architectural models and diagrams, interface control documents and hardware and software design specifications.
- You will own the requirements and technical authority for external software sub-systems, and work closely with the Software Architect on internal software sub-systems.
- You will mentor Junior Architects/Engineers when required to ensure quality and productivity.
- You will support rapid turn-around prototyping activity on key software developments.
- You will be working cross-organisation with colleagues in the software, space engineering, security and programme teams to drive innovation and reduce costs and risks.
What we’re looking for:
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering or related field.
- Significant hands-on systems engineering expertise in satellite ground systems, network management, telecommunications, security, or other relevant areas – with proven experience in a technical leadership or architect position.
- A record of delivering medium/large-scale software systems on time and to budget.
- Demonstrable experience in Requirement Management and tracking.
- Demonstrable experience in Systems Engineering/Software Design for building a medium/large-scale system in space, networking, or telecommunication industries.
- Experience designing maintainable, supportable and reliable distributed systems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills