Symmetric Encryption Reborn for the Cloud
We have a Purpose: we use transformational quantum encryption technology to keep safe the data of our governments, enterprises and citizens. You can be a part of that purpose. Join a team where every member is valued in our work solving a big problem impacting people and outcomes around the globe. Our business is about trust in data and we start with trust in you.
Arqit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers and we now have a new opportunity for a UX Designer. The role may involve working in our London office or in our regional operations centre, and there will be considerable flexibility around working from home.
We believe that inclusivity makes us a stronger, happier team, with better decision-making and greater ability to connect with all customers, and we are committed to maintaining a working environment which is welcoming and supportive.
As a UX Designer within the Software Engineering organisation at Arqit, you will work on an exciting strategic roadmap, taking advantage of your experience in consumer or enterprise mobile- and web-app development to help deliver exceptional user experiences for Arqit’s customers.
You’ll initially be responsible for nurturing a new and exciting mobile and web product from current early concept stage through to release from the UX perspective, working closely with the product team as well as customers/users to help develop a world-class UX, and with the software engineering team to deliver it. Over time, it’s expected that your remit will expend out into wider cloud service and satellite mission software deliverables.
This is a great opportunity to join a team at the start of an exciting journey into an emerging technology space, working with talented teams of product managers, scientists, software and space engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll work with the product team to gather and evaluate user requirements from customers and users.
- You’ll analyse processes and workflows to understand information flows and operations on data within the processes to help drive an optimal UX.
- You’ll be responsible for imagining, storyboarding, communicating and optimising workflows within mobile and web applications to ensure a silky-smooth UX – from first-user-contact through to daily use.
- You’ll leverage your experience in human factors, HCI design and accessibility to ensure an inclusive and optimal experience for all users.
- You’ll design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, and work closely with the software engineering team as they build out your vision, adjusting, tweaking and pivoting as needed.
- You’ll make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features based upon sound feedback and data from prospective and current users – through the use of surveys, workshops and other forms of external engagement.
- You’ll collaborate with partners and users of the app to add to the roadmap, helping to drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll be working with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including engineering and support to ensure an exceptional UX across both our software products but also our support services.
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in a UX role including a portfolio of previous work
- Successful launch of consumer mobile app(s), possibly in a start-up environment
- Ability to translate vision into design
- Able to understand complex processes and information flows and map them to an optimal UX
- Good understanding of mobile and web design patterns
- Recent experience of working within a scrum team in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent presentation skills with experience presenting to customers at all levels of management.
- Good balance of technical knowledge and commercial acumen.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- The ability to work in the UK and ability to gain UK security clearance are both essential
- Experience in cybersecurity or identity would be beneficial