Stronger simpler encryption
As a software engineer, you’ll help build out our exciting strategic product roadmap developing cybersecurity applications that sit on the top of our award-winning QuantumCloud™ platform, ensuring that data in transit today is kept safe against the current Store-Now, Decrypt-Later (SNDL) quantum threat of tomorrow.
As well as all the normal activities you’d expect of a software engineering role, you’ll have a chance to innovate at pace and influence the future success of the company by proposing, PoC-ing, patenting and building out new capabilities and products.
The company has been growing fast which means there are plenty of opportunities for career growth at Arqit as we scale up, but we’re still very much a fast-paced start-up environment. We have high-spec offices in central London but there is also the opportunity to work from home.
You’re an intelligent innovator who thinks outside of the box with a record of delivering great results against the most complex of problems. You take ownership without being asked to, but you’re also a team player with a relentless desire for your team to succeed. You’re open, honest and respectful, appreciating the value of diversity, and you enjoy the challenge of working in an ambiguous environment where no two days are the same. You recognise the need to work at pace, but are also laser focussed on UX to ensure that what’s delivered delights the end-user.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with and realising the vision of our stellar team of cyber experts to address security threats for today and the future.
- Developing ground-breaking cybersecurity focused cloud SaaS, utilising modern distributed cloud technology stacks and advanced endpoint software to solve novel technical challenges.
- Developing and deploying a range of services and applications for public and hybrid/private clouds, cloud APIs, client SDKs, network security applications and software for a variety of platforms (IoT/mobile/server/appliance/laptop).
- Working with the Product Management team to help refine requirements and workflows, and use your customer focus to ensure world-class UX.
- Helping to refine our agile development practices, ensuring the team continually delivers superior quality software by focussing on quality-driven software engineering practices.
- Investigating internal or customer related issues, identifying root cause and providing solutions.
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues to help them realise their potential.
What we’re looking for:
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering, physics or a related numeric field, or commercial experience of developing complex mission-critical enterprise software and services.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Experience of any of C/C++/Rust/Java/Kotlin
- Experience in building horizontally-scalable mission-critical enterprise or consumer platforms, software or services in the cloud or on the endpoint.
- Ability to work in the UK now and the ability to gain UK security clearance are both ESSENTIAL