Symmetric Encryption Reborn for the Cloud
Arqit is a cyber security company. It supplies a unique Platform-as-a-Service which makes the communications and data of any networked device secure against current and future forms of attack – even from a quantum computer. It uses a novel protocol invented by Arqit which delivers symmetric key agreement at mass market scale.
Arqit’s product, QuantumCloud™ was launched in July 2021. It enables any device to download a lightweight software agent, which can create encryption keys in partnership with any other device. The keys are computationally secure, one-time use and zero trust. QuantumCloud™ can create limitless volumes of keys in limitless group sizes and are used within existing globally standardized software. The addressable market for QuantumCloud™ is every connected device.
Our technology is transformational, years ahead of rivals and solves the biggest problem in tech today. We are on a journey to hyperscale. Arqit trades on Nasdaq as “ARQQ” presently capitalised at around $2 billion. Arqit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering and cryptography, and our business support team is growing in size and purpose to match the ambitions of the business.
Our software team is scaling
- There has never been a more exciting time to join Arqit as we accelerate our development.
- We are looking to expand our software team with individuals that are interested in joining a fast-paced, exciting tech scale-up which focuses on a range of different technology areas. If you have any or many of the attributes listed below then we’d love to hear from you!
- We will offer you fun and interesting work in areas from cloud cybersecurity to satellite mission planning. We have a great team culture that gives you the opportunity to innovate, take ownership, and scale new heights in your career as the company grows.
- You’re an intelligent innovator who thinks outside of the box with a record of delivering great results against the most complex of problems.
- You take ownership without being asked to, but you’re also a team player with a relentless desire for your team to succeed.
- You’re open, honest and respectful, appreciating the value of diversity, and you enjoy the challenge of working in an ambiguous environment where no two days are the same.
- You recognise the need to work at pace but are also laser focussed on UX to ensure that what’s delivered delights the end-user.
Your New Position
As a QE engineer within the Software Engineering organisation at Arqit, you’ll get the chance to work on an exciting strategic product roadmap in one of the following areas:
- Satellite mission planning systems
- Enterprise and consumer cybersecurity products
We’ll work out which team you’d best fit during the interview process based on your previous experience and interests. Once you join your team, you’ll be responsible for the test and support of software components, and will be involved throughout the full SDLC using modern cloud architectures, frameworks, tools and languages.
This is a great opportunity to join our high-performing team and make a real-world impact as we scale on our exciting journey into an emerging technology space, working with talented teams of product managers, scientists, cryptographers, satellite systems engineers, designers and software architects and engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with and realising the vision of our stellar team of cyber experts to address security threats for today and the future.
- Developing ground-breaking cybersecurity focused cloud PaaS and satellite systems, utilising modern distributed cloud technology stacks and your previous experiences to solve novel technical challenges.
- Building and maintaining a quality driven engineering culture that helps ship products with confidence.
- Work with product engineering team to ensure quality of product/feature, assess risk and ensure features ship with a very high-quality bar.
- Specify, create, and execute system-level functional and non-functional automated tests for services and applications for public and hybrid/private clouds, cloud APIs, client SDKs, applications, and software for a variety of platforms (IoT/mobile/server/appliance/laptop).
- Using a risk-based testing approach, analyse changes to the software to determine areas for in-depth exploratory testing, defining an exploratory testing plan, executing the plan, and finding hard to find bugs
- Work within the software engineering team, defining suitable acceptance tests for each story in the backlog before being scheduled into a sprint
- Raise defects in JIRA, and verify the fixes
- Help to refine our agile development practices, ensuring the team continually delivers superior quality software by focussing on quality-driven software engineering practices.
- Work with the Product Management team to help refine requirements and workflows, and use your customer focus to ensure world-class UX.
- Investigate internal or customer related issues, identifying root cause and providing solutions.
- Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues to help them realise their potential.
- Review technical documentation for accuracy and correctness
- Play a key role in developing test framework, automating test scenarios, and maintaining the test infrastructure
- Provide the team with a quality strategy that supports the team’s delivery goals and aligns to the overall QuantumCloud Test Strategy
- Work closely with the developers, SDETs, integration engineers, product owner and dev manager to help ensure the QC team deliver their project priorities with the services required
- Be a proactive member of the team and own the automation pipeline
- Help accelerate all aspects of product development, releases, CI/CD, and tooling
- Have a strong focus on quality and risk assessment throughout the product delivery lifecycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required
- Have a BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering or related field, or significant commercial experience of developing complex mission-critical enterprise software and services.
- Demonstrable experience of exploratory testing and its applications
- Experience developing and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Solid Selenium expertise.
- A history of specifying, automating and executing system level function- and non-functional tests
- Experience with risk-based testing
- Working knowledge of testing API layer.
- Experience of work with containers, Docker & Kubernetes
- Systems and critical thinking mindset
- Ability to work in the UK and gain UK government security clearance are both ESSENTIAL
- Experience with BDD would be beneficial
- Experience of FMEA
- Experience working within the cybersecurity industry is a strong plus
- Experience of triage, RCA for software issues within a distributed system
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography
- Exposure to database testing (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Experience with hardware security features across different compute and mobile platforms (e.g., TPM, SGX, SME/SEV, Keychain)
- Professional software testing qualification e.g., ISTQB Foundation
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace