Think Big, Do the Job, Enjoy Life.
ARQUIMEA RESEARCH CENTER is hiring a Digital Circuits Design Engineer with knowledge in the field of digital design for FPGAs and SoC FPGAs. The successful candidate will have knowledge of digital circuits design, digital architectures with different objectives: hardware acceleration, dependability, and low consumption.
We are a highly multidisciplinary private research center. We encourage you to apply if you enjoy totally random conversations about several topics apart from your area expertise, such as space, quantum physics, lab equipment and testing, disruptive tech… anything cool and nerdy, really
Tasks to be performed
- Experience with the digital design using Hardware Description Languages at RTL (preferrable VHDL)
- Working in a multidisciplinary team researching and developing digital circuit designs, prototyping in FPGAs.
- Modeling and simulating complete solutions to evaluate digital circuits.
- Participate in the analysis and specification of digital subsystems and participate and lead design reviews.
- Plan and execute tasks in collaboration with the rest of the team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Analyzing and criticizing solutions by using quantitative metrics.
- Working in different research areas and different kind of applications.
Required skills, experience and candidate profile
- University degree in Engineering or Physics with knowledge in digital circuits design and FPGAs.
- Experience in VHDL design.
- Proficient in using simulation tools to evaluate digital designs.
- Open minded and ready to be challenged with multi-disciplinary R&D projects.
Additionally, we will also value experience in the following areas
- Experience in applied cryptography will be positively valued
- Embedded systems (SoC, microcontrollers)
- Laboratory’s electronic hardware and instrumentation usage
- Research skills