We are continuously looking for talents with a passion for space.
NEEDED: an experienced, engaging, rock star technician to help assemble and test propulsion systems for small spacecraft.
COULD THIS BE YOU? Are you a space nerd with a desire to put your hands on something that will be strapped to a rocket and launched into orbit? Do you derive pleasure from fiddling with fine mechanisms or intricate instruments? Are you delighted by doohickeys or go gaga for gadgets? Are you
detail-oriented? A source of varied and unexpected trivia? Can you back your technical wizardry up with knowledge of historical events – or board games? If this sounds like you or the people you want to work with, then please keep reading!
Spanning sites across the globe, Bradford is a space systems group offering world-class products in propulsion, space station facilities, attitude control systems, and for deep space missions. We are currently seeking an experienced Assembly, Integration, and Testing Technician to join our San Jose team. In this role, you will be an instrumental part of a small and tightly knit group responsible for the start-to-finish production of a line of satellite propulsion systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test flight avionics, propulsion systems and mechanisms
- Visual inspection of assemblies and components
- Clean flight hardware and components
- Directly interact with suppliers and assist in procurement
- Participate in spacecraft- and subsystem- level qualification and acceptance testing
- Be an awesome member of the team
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience soldering electronic assemblies
- Experience with precision integration of small delicate assemblies
- Experience with visual inspection of mechanical and electronic assemblies using a microscope
- Experience testing electronic and mechanical assemblies
- Familiarity with ESD mitigation practices
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- J-STD Space Addendum certification
- Prior work with machine shop tools such as drill press, lathe, and milling machine
- Experience in a cleanroom environment
- Deep and abiding love of furry animals
- Benefit package including medical, dental, and vision (100% premium paid)
- Working with great people in an amazing team