ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for an AIT (Assembly Integration and Testing) MLI technician to join our AIT team. MLI stands for Multi-layer insulation and its formed by multiple layers of different materials that must be laid on top of each other and cut in very specific ways to cover perfectly portions of the satellite.
This position is located in our headquarters at Espoo, Finland.
- High school degree
- Experience with pattern making, fashion design, cloths manufacturing or similar
- Skills on precision working using hands and simple tools
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English
- Manufacturing of MLI
- Design and creation of patterns
- Development of techniques and tools to increase MLI production
- Ensuring availability of raw materials and tools by keeping track of inventory and issuing the respective procurement requests
- Installation of MLI over satellite
- Assisting the team with any other AIT related responsibilities, like harness manufacturing, lacing, installation of subsystems, PCB cleaning, inspections, etc.
- A job that matters
- Challenging tasks and professional development and knowledge
- Corporate healthcare
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Fully flexible working schedule
- Attractive working location
- Training opportunities, including conference trips