Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies – We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Configuration Officer based at ESTEC.
Configuration control covers both ESA internal activities and activities performed by Industrial Contractors. The preparation of adequate requirements and CM systems auditing are also part of the tasks. It includes the following typical duties:
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- Configuration management planning.
- Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL).
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards.
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Participating in Project Reviews.
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals.
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes.
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control, and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs.
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives.
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
Engineering administrative tasks:
a. Management of Protocols, CRs, RfDWs, OCRs, CPs
b. Actions management (all external telecons: start with system level –IST/EIMPT/ERBs/CET- and as needed extend to discipline), possibly using the emis portal action tool (additional field on source telecom to be added).
c. Follow up of overdue actions.
d. Meetings planning (build-up and maintenance of actions and meetings data base).
e. Collection and integration of Weekly Engineering Report Status for each Friday COB (distributed to all team Mondays).
f. Long term, generation of an ESA MPCV Documents Repository.
Management administrative task:
a. Distribution of CCN for review internally and to NASA when applicable.
b. Organisation of the CCBs.
c. CCB secretariat.
d. Processing of Disposition records and distribution to Industry.
e. Compilation of packages for CCN negotiation meeting with Industry.
f. Tracking of CCB action closure.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate shall bring a University Degree (minimum Bachelor level) and at least 2 years of experience in administrative support, writing/editing or other relevant experience.
The Key Person requires the following:
- Good organisation skill, customer oriented behaviour and rigorous work approach.
- Previous experience in the processing of technical documentation and a technical/scientific education background would be an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies