We are looking for bright, capable, Software Developers to join our teams. This will be an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in a multitude of areas. You will apply proven engineering processes and work with integrated technologies to help build massive, intricate systems. Successfully solving these large, complex problems will involve hard work, a passion for quality, an inquisitive mind with the ability to self-educate, and the skills to work within a large team.
- Creating engineering solutions that are attractive to our customers and are cost-effective
- Working from requirements to develop or modify complex software applications
- Planning work, providing effort estimates and driving your work to completion
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high quality software development applications
- Participating in integration, testing and deployment of software applications
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment
- Following established development processes and corporate technical and quality standards
- Identifying and incorporating potential technological advances in line with the long-term goals of the Aviation business
- A University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the Aviation domain is not required – a keen interest in learning about it is
- The ability to understand and work with complex software development requirement specifications
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical requirements – some combination of:
- Experience in software development and test
- Proficiency in Java and/or C++ development in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of OOP design patterns and standard development practices
- Experience scripting using Perl or Python
- Creating tools to support development and test
- Knowledge of Aircraft navigation concepts and systems
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance is required for this position.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.