Transforming how the world connects
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
The Software Development Operations Engineer is responsible for all aspects of our software infrastructure, for both our Embedded Flight Software and Ground Software. Given this, a successful candidate for this position will have some familiarity with concepts of Embedded Software and specifically Embedded Linux.
The candidate will be an integral member of the Software Team, which is responsible for the Embedded Flight Software as well as all Ground Software used for our missions. The candidate will have a large amount of latitude in terms of how they choose to develop systems, so they must be a self-starter and willing to lead efforts to develop new systems.
- Design, Implement, and Maintain an infrastructure to support automatic versioning, testing, and deployment of Embedded and Application software
- Design and Implement version control strategies
- Develop systems for Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Serve as a subject matter expert and main point-of-contact for all software automation tasks
- US citizen or permanent resident card holder
- At least a Bachelors degree in Software Engineering or similar discipline?
- Strong software engineering experience
- Proficiency in implementing DevOps systems
- Proficiency with version control systems
- Basic understanding of Embedded Systems
- Full-time remote work authorized
- Experience with setting up and maintaining version control systems containing multiple repositories that are used by different teams
- Proficiency with implementing DevOps in complex environments
- Continuous integration
- Continuous testing
- Continuous deployment
- Continuous monitoring
- Experience with programming languages like C, C++, Python, or other scripting languages
- Some experience or familiarity with Embedded Systems and specifically Embedded Linux, preferred
- We are not looking for an embedded software engineer, but a successful candidate will understand concepts like cross-compilation and remote debugging
- Experience with Linux networked concepts such as:
- Modifying routing tables
- Remote administration
- Querying DNS records
- Configuring file systems
- Experience with tools such as: apt, dpkg or systemd
- Ability to integrate third-party code with existing version control systems
- Comfortable working in a Windows environment at times