Transforming how the world connects
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
AST SpaceMobile is seeking a Procurement Specialist to be responsible for the selection and purchasing of quality products at our Production facility in Midland, TX. This individual will also be responsible for conducting audits and invoicing on our selected vendors and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess candidate suppliers from the global supply base
- Develop and issue request for proposals (RFP) based on technical and business requirements to achieve project schedules.
- Develops and maintains relationships with wholesalers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Negotiates pricing, lead time, and purchase agreements with wholesalers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Assesses financial and delivery risks of suppliers.
- Prepare source selection decision agenda for senior leadership review and approval.
- Attends trade shows, product exhibitions, and conferences to maintain current understanding of new products and trends.
- Support procurement team with issuance of purchase orders, delivery, and supplier recovery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card Holder
- 3+ years of experience as a Procurement Specialist or similar role within a Manufacturing
- Environment AND Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Economics, or related field required —OR—no degree with 10+ years of progressive experience sourcing complex/engineered materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Efficient typing skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and legal aspects of purchasing.
- Ability to compile information and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID