Transforming how the world connects
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, maintains and reviews quality assurance procedures to assure compliance with customer and/or government requirements. Develops sampling plans, quality standards, and process control instructions for use by manufacturing in monitoring and reducing variation.
- Support the implementation of Product Assurance Plan (PAPs) and implement its program strategy, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all internal practices and requirements.
- Analyzes data of production runs as needed to ensure parts produced meet customer requirements.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Drive manufacturing efficiency improvements by evaluating current processes plant-wide and applying process control methods or process changes as necessary.
- Performs quality review and drives disposition of nonconforming material and generate corresponding reports
- Process, investigate and disposition RMA’s
- Monitors the production cycle of units and performs regular/necessary tests/evaluation to identify potential malfunctions and reliability issues as early as possible.
- Assists in quality inspection and control for all satellite system/subsystem integration and testing activities including flight hardware/software integration/testing, ground supporting equipment and calibrations, tools, and safety.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relations with program offices, other AST organizations, vendors, and contractors
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product/program quality.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident card holder
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or engineering field
- 5+ years of quality system experience in an aerospace, aviation, or military manufacturing environment.
- Experience reading engineering blueprints/drawings
- Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
- Spacecraft experience in a clean room setting
- Experience leading RCCA’s
- Ability to develop performance metrics and take appropriate action
- Working knowledge of the standards and working principles of manufacturing and production aerospace industry.
- Solid understanding of QMS principals and processes of complicated electronics, particularly those used for space applications
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for piece part, assembly, system level inspections, and verifications
- Experience in Design/Test Readiness/Manufacturing Readiness Reviews
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and Processes
- Experienced with Preliminary Review (PR) and Material Review Board (MRB) – Current QMRB certification is a plus
- May be certified in lean, six-sigma quality engineering methodologies and root cause corrective action training/certification
- Experience with program management and project management tools
- ASQE certified
- Understanding of export control and ITAR requirements for working with international suppliers