Transforming how the world connects
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
The Aerospace Quality Inspector completes inspections on satellite communication equipment and parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed in-process inspections electrical and mechanical assemblies, using technical drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to design requirements.
- Perform detailed product inspections on finished goods, including but not limited to First Article
- Inspections and certified supplier document reviews.
- Document production nonconformance in accordance with provided procedures and processes as applicable.
- Maintain QMS policies and procedure documentation, verify compliance to applicable standards.
- Establish professionalism and timeliness in the performance of daily activities.
- Communicate effectively to other AST & Science personnel any quality issues needing resolutions.
- Work multiple assignments concurrently and maintaining flexibility to production schedule.
- Monitor the use of calibrated measuring instruments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident card holder
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of inspection experience in an aerospace, aviation, military or manufacturing environment.
- Sound knowledge of the standards and working principles of manufacturing and production aerospace industry.
- Experience performing detailed product inspections using blueprints/specifications and precision measuring and test equipment.
- Associate degree in a technical or engineering field.
- Experience with quality assurance principles, methods, and processes.
- Experience with electrical systems including testing and inspection using portable measuring devices.