AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea, and in flight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, and test mechanisms on a satellite.
- Design development, qualification and acceptance test, and analysis plans.
- Lead execution of development, qualification, and acceptance test and analysis.
- Lead Vendor part selection process for various satellite components.
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must be a US citizen or have a permanent resident card.
- 5+ years previous experience working on mechanisms (Space Mechanisms preferred).
- Knowledge of Analytical tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of CAD tools; Autodesk Inventor is a plus.
- Experience with designing for manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.