Transforming how the world connects
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
The Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the RF System on the satellite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be the subject matter expert on RF communication systems, subsystems and components, particularly the RF transceivers and filters.
- Responsible for design and analysis of the satellite RF systems, including the Q/V band gateway link system and lower frequency user link system.
- Management of major suppliers for the RF systems.
- Development of RF system test plan.
- Works with testing team for test result reviews, non-conformance investigation, and resolution.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in RF systems with undergraduate college degree OR
- 3 years experience with an advanced degree in RF communications/electrical engineering fields or other related fields OR 10 years experience in RF systems without degree
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team with other engineers
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with satellite payload design/analysis and/or wireless communications
- Supplier management skills