The first and only space-based cellular broadband network
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
The Senior Radio Frequency (RF) System Engineer is an experienced position that is responsible for all aspects of the RF System on the satellite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be the subject matter expert on RF communication systems, subsystems and components, particularly the RF transceivers and filters.
- Responsible for design and analysis of the satellite RF systems, including the Q/V band gateway link system and lower frequency user link system.
- Management of major suppliers for the RF systems.
- Development of RF system test plan.
- Works with testing team for test result reviews, non-conformance investigation, and resolution.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident Green card holder or have a legal US work permit
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in RF systems with undergraduate college degree or 3 years experience with an advanced degree in RF communications/electrical engineering fields or other related fields.
- Experience with satellite payload design/analysis and/or wireless communications will be a plus.
- Supplier management skill is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team with other engineers
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID