TRANSFORMING CONNECTIVITY eliminating coverage gaps for billions
AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
The Mechanical/Electronic Engineer Intern will provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing. Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment. Performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Assembling or installing equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting
- Performing simple or routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operating and adjusting simple test equipment; records test data
- Gathering and maintaining specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
- Performing computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plotting data and draws simple curves and graphs
- Other duties as assigned
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA with two years completed towards a BS degree
- Knowledge in Microsoft Suite
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID
AST SpaceMobile is an Equal Opportunity, at will Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.