We’re on a mission to improve life on Earth from space.
Astra’s mission is to improve life on Earth from space by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Astra delivered its first commercial payload into Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after being founded in 2016. By achieving monthly, weekly, then daily launches, we’ll create the infrastructure services our customers need in space to build a healthier and more connected planet. If you’re excited by a sense of possibility, the chance to innovate, and make a difference here on Earth, we think you should work here too.
How You’ll Fulfill Your Mission
- Build electro-mechanical subassemblies including, but not limited to, flight battery systems, flight computers, guidance and navigation components, and cameras.
- Troubleshoot failed Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) using various electronic tools and engineering schematics.
- Rework surface mounted components on PCBAs as required based on the troubleshooting results.
- Test electro-mechanical subassemblies using various software and validation procedures and record test results in a clear and concise manner.
- Execute tasks efficiently while emphasizing attention to detail. Maintain flexibility throughout the day in order to align with changing priorities.
- Document best practices in Astra’s standard procedures and provide feedback for all drawings and work instructions.
- Communicate status of tasks with the team frequently
- 1+ years of hands-on experience assembling and reworking Printed Circuit Board Assemblies
- 1+ years of experience working with SMT (surface mount technology) components
- 1+ years of hands-on experience building electro-mechanical assemblies
- Proficient with Windows and browser-based email and collaboration tools
- Experience with Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) sensitive components