Astro Digital designs, builds, and operates a diverse range of small satellite systems supporting space-based turnkey missions for several business applications, including earth observation, communications, in-orbit demonstrations, risk reduction opportunities, in addition to various science and exploration applications. Astro Digital is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with infrastructure around the globe.
With the Spacecraft Test team, you will join a creative and enthusiastic group, applying your experience to assure mission success.
- Write and execute test plans for spacecraft components at all levels of integration, including fully assembled Flight Models
- Analyze and present feedback on both the process and results to larger teams
- Flow observations to management and engineering teams to support proposal work and inform future designs
- Ensure test plans and procedures meet system requirements and evolving mission characteristics
- Develop and operate test automation hardware and software
- Troubleshoot anomalous test results, identify, and help track defects
- Apply diligence to promote production efficiency, mission objectives, and above all, hardware, and personnel safety
- Continually seek out ways to improve
- At least 3 years spacecraft test experience at the vehicle level, including environmental tests
- B.S. or M.S. in engineering (aerospace, mechanical, electrical, software), math, physics, or related field
- High proficiency executing, reading, reviewing, and writing detailed procedures
- Proficiency with lab electrical diagnostic and measurement tools (multimeters, oscilloscopes, sources, spectrum analyzers)
- Ability to understand and follow spacecraft system documentation
- Familiarity with Linux command-line and object-oriented software such as Python
- Skill technical problem solving between parties with differing levels of information
- Desire to solve problems collaboratively
- Interest working with a first-rate, collegial team
- Familiarity with mission assurance
- Experience in automotive industry or mass production
- Experience in electrical or software design
- Proficiency with the Linux command-line and Python
Astro Digital is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with infrastructure around the globe.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 22 CFR §120.15 and 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
During the course of the application and interview process for certain engineering positions, you may be asked to perform functional activities to demonstrate your skills with parts and equipment we work with. By agreeing to engage in such skills testing, you also agree not to disclose the specific activities you are asked to engage in or any other aspect of the skills demonstration.
Astro Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Astro Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.