As a Software Engineer you are responsible for designing, developing and implementing innovative satellite flight software solutions across a variety of satellite subsystems and at the system level. You are responsible to program and project managers for software development and testing for customer programs and internal R&D efforts. You will also research and advise on the state of industry’s software best practices, tools, and products in support of company software strategy.
Astro Digital hires a small cohort of highly motivated college students each year both over the summer months and during the school year as interns and Co-Op students. We will throw you into the deep end and expect you to directly support mission critical tasks across the spectrum of technical functions from Electrical and Mechanical Engineering to Software Development, Automation, and Satellite Operations. You will work with a mentor to identify projects that best meet your interests and skillsets, but you will also have the freedom to see and support all aspects of our business and learn about the aerospace industry as a whole.
Possible Intern and Co-Op Roles at Astro Digital
- Satellite Systems Engineering (System Design, Requirements Derivation, Test Development etc)
- Satellite Electrical Engineering Projects (Board Design, Layout, Testing)
- Satellite Mechanical Engineering Projects (Environmental Testing, CAD etc)
- Satellite Operations and Ground Station Development
- Automation of Satellite Manufacturing and Testing
- Camera Calibration and Optics Projects in Support of Multispectral Imaging Payloads
- Currently enrolled as a part time of full time student in a technical degree program at an accredited four year university (Engineering, Science, Math etc).
- Hands on project experience with:
- Satellite Systems Engineering
- Satellite and Satellite Component Integration and Testing
- C/Embedded Programming
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Satellite Operations
- RF Communications and Software Defined Radios
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 22 CFR §120.15 and 8 U.S.C. §1324b(a)(3) is required.