Astro Digital designs, builds, and operates a diverse range of small satellite systems supporting space-based turnkey missions for several business applications, including earth observation, communications, in-orbit demonstrations, risk reduction, science, and exploration. Astro Digital is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with infrastructure around the globe.
The Spacecraft Program Manager is the key individual responsible for all aspects of satellite program execution following the signing of the contract through on-orbit commissioning. The role is the primary interface to the customer, leads the cross functional program team and is responsible to executive management for the delivery of the expected technical, financial, and schedule performance per company and customer requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop all aspects of the program plan including budget, schedule, and personnel plans.
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians that are responsible for executing a satellite program from design through on-orbit commissioning.
- Be the primary interface with the customer, understanding their needs and concerns, influence decision making and support the VP of Business Development in new contract negotiations.
- Work with internal partners in R&D, Procurement, Production, AI&T and Operations to set realistic schedules and expectations and manage through conflicts.
- Review contractual documents and financials through the process, and ensure that the program is on track, and executed with speed and efficiency.
- 10+ year of experience supporting spacecraft and/or space related programs, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Proven track record forming and leading cross functional technical teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in program planning, budgeting, scheduling, and risk management.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in at least one of the following: Spacecraft Design,
- Spacecraft/Component Integration and Test (I&T), Payload design and I&T, Launch Vehicle Integration, Space Mission Operations, Space Ground Systems.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 22 CFR §120.15 and 8 U.S.C. §1324b(a)(3) is required.