Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company has grown rapidly, signing fifteen commercial customers representing seven countries for its lunar payload delivery service, and winning a $79.5 million NASA contract to fly scientific instruments aboard Peregrine, and again in June by winning a $199.5 million contract to deliver NASA’s water-hunting rover, VIPER, to the south pole of the Moon. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to capture contracts for national security space projects. You will be responsible for leading a portfolio of the company’s sales activities and participating in the company’s marketing and messaging efforts. The Director will provide vision and leadership to identify potential national security space customers, coordinate with other members of the Astrobotic team as the company’s offerings are defined and described, and lead interactions with new customers. The Director will report to the Vice President of Business Development and will interface across the company’s leadership and employees.
This role will be heavily focused on capturing new contracts in the national security space sector. To date Astrobotic has signed numerous commercial and government customers for its lunar delivery services onboard its lunar landers and rovers. The company now seeks to leverage its space robotic capabilities to provide products and services to the Department of Defense and other aerospace companies for national security space missions.
- Execute business development and sales efforts for national security space projects and missions
- Identify, pursue, educate, and sign potential new customers
- Maintain and develop an awareness of the customer and competitive environments to stay abreast of customer needs, industry trends, and competitive offerings
- Contribute to internal discussion and analysis of the external environment as part of the company’s strategic assessments and resulting business activities
- Contribute to company messaging activities in support of business development opportunities, marketing activities, company branding efforts, and media outreach
- Travel to visit potential customers and strategic partners
- Other duties that support the expansion of this growing, entrepreneurial company
- BA/BS with 4 years of experience
- Familiarity with business development processes and practices
- Awareness of and familiarity with the national security space community
- Experience in the national security space field
- A demonstrated track record of sales success in space or technical sales
- Ability to establish a strong rapport with the Astrobotic team and the customer community
- Experience with or training in a business environment
- Personal comfort in a professional setting
- Track record of developing marketing collateral for new products
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Ability to identify opportunities, create a business plan, qualify targets, assess decision-makers, and prioritize sales efforts
- Willingness to relocate to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- This position requires verification of U.S. Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements. The successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain at a minimum a U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance.
• An engineering or scientific background a strong plus
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.