Astrobotic Technology wants you to lead the planning and execution of the integration and test program for the Peregrine lunar lander, which was selected by NASA to return America to the Moon.
Your main responsibilities:
- Manage the integration and test of various flight and non-flight hardware including:
- spacecraft components and subsystems,
- spacecraft propulsion system, and
- Develop and execute comprehensive procedures that verify all physical and functional subsystem/payload/spacecraft interface requirements.
- Review and establish viability of I&T program against mission schedule and system specification.
- Develop test objectives and plans, develop test procedures, execute testing, and document the findings.
- Support and troubleshoot the hardware/software configuration/baseline issues during integration and installation phases.
- Document and pursue root cause of discrepancies found with hardware.
- Review the problem reports and/or enhancements to determine testing impacts for the identified modification and regression testing.
- Develop and collect test metrics for contribution to the preparation of test documentation and test readiness review presentations.
- Write test scripts.
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel during the integration process.
- Report to the Mission Director and work primarily with the Systems Engineer but also with the subsystem leads to ensure I&T is conducted to plan and successfully delivers a fully certified spacecraft for flight.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s lunar lander, Peregrine, delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals for $1.2 million per kilogram. Astrobotic was selected by NASA in May 2019 for a $79.5 million contract to deliver payloads to the Moon in 2021. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. The company also has more than 30 prior and ongoing NASA and commercial technology contracts, a commercial partnership with Airbus DS, and corporate sponsorship with DHL. Astrobotic was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of the spaceflight hardware development process
- Understanding of complex hardware/electronic systems, experience with environmental testing, and with ground and test systems and software
- Working in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Adhering to established processes within a Quality Management System, working closely with Quality
- Assurance and Quality Inspectors
- Troubleshooting complex electronic systems
- Leading technical teams
- Developing infrastructure and processes for conducting integration and testing of complex systems
- Developing and managing complex schedules showing subsystem and system interactions, dependencies, and slack
- Implementing risk management processes
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Minimum 8 years relevant integration and test experience with complex mechanical/electrical systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leading an integration and test campaign for a spacecraft/satellite project
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Adaptable to startup environment, able to self-start with minimal guidance
- Integration experience in a 100K or ISO8 class cleanroom environment