Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company has grown rapidly, signing fifteen commercial customers representing seven countries for its lunar payload delivery service, and winning a $79.5 million NASA contract to fly scientific instruments aboard Peregrine, and again in June by winning a $199.5 million contract to deliver NASA’s water-hunting rover, VIPER, to the south pole of the Moon. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to join our accounting team, with responsibility for accounts payable and general accounting functions. The ideal candidate will have experience with project accounting or government contract accounting. Candidates should anticipate that their responsibilities will evolve over time with the company’s growth.
- Manage day to day accounting functions:
- Process daily and weekly accounts payable and expense reimbursements, including entry into the accounting system and responding to vendor inquiries.
- Voucher processing in the system, working closely with the Purchasing Department to maintain accurate workflow.
- Maintain, update, and follow standard operating procedures within the accounting & finance department in addition to following corporate policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and GAAP.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct business professionally.
- Ability to work for prolonged periods on a computer.
- Experience with accounts payable in a project or government contract environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar software.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.