Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007 by William “Red” Whittaker, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Astrobotic was selected by NASA in May 2019 for a $79.5 million contract to deliver a suite of NASA instruments to the Moon. This mission will see the Peregrine lunar lander return America to the Moon with 22 payloads representing 5 countries.
In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024. As part of Astrobotic’s Planetary Landers Team, you will literally be creating history as we define the benchmark for commercial delivery of payloads to the Moon and beyond.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to create and develop quality documentation of electronic designs for spacecraft avionics systems. You will be responsible for reporting on failure and design analysis, and well as creating interface and operation documents for use by the Avionics team and other subsystems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Creating FMEA and reliability reports for electronic systems
- Determining unit-level requirements for PCB design and component selection
- Projecting and tracking costs for component selection and PCB assembly
- Writing design review documents related to circuit theory of operation, as well as design analysis reports
- Develop, maintain, and prepare PCB manufacturing documents
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Understanding of the development of quality processes and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating with internal teams and external partners or vendors
- Self-motivated and capable of working at a high technical level with minimal supervision
- Experience in aerospace, military, or automotive industries preferred
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.