Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007 by William “Red” Whittaker, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Astrobotic was selected by NASA in May 2019 for a $79.5 million contract to deliver a suite of NASA instruments to the Moon. This mission will see the Peregrine lunar lander return America to the Moon with 22 payloads representing 5 countries.
In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024. As part of Astrobotic’s Planetary Landers Team, you will literally be creating history as we define the benchmark for commercial delivery of payloads to the Moon and beyond.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to develop the Mission Control electronic systems for lunar lander projects.
- Design PCBs to that serve as the spacecraft’s primary and secondary avionics systems.
- Develop test plans and procedures for both PC board and system integrated levels.
- Support hardware-in-the-loop testing with engineering and flight systems.
- Write and present technical reports.
- Implement the full systems engineering development cycle, and regularly report to the Avionics Systems Lead on progress.
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Design Power Supplies; Buck, Boost and Switching supplies.
- Design Analog, Digital and mixed-signal circuits
- Create Schematics and Symbols
- Create Layouts and Footprints, Altium preferred
- Work closely with design engineers
- Minimum 5 years of experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in space, military or aerospace environments
- Develop test plans and procedures for PC boards and integrated systems
- Test PCBs and integrated systems
- Research and select components to meet system requirements.
- B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- IPC familiarity
- PCB fabrication knowledge
- Design for EMC, Vibration and Thermal aspects a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Applicants should be prepared to submit a writing sample, references, and demonstrate a significant background in space missions.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.