Astrobotic Technology Inc. is a space robotics company that is dedicated to making space accessible to the world.
We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to perform janitorial, cleaning, and light maintenance so that our facilities meet health and safety standards and present an attractive, clean, and organized appearance. In addition to having experience performing these duties, the successful candidate will demonstrate problem-solving and organizational skills. The role will be based out of the Astrobotic headquarters, which accommodates a large, diverse staff and a variety of office space, labs and workshops, and technical equipment.
If you are proficient in understanding and performing a wide range of janitorial, cleaning, and maintenance duties, take pride in what you do, and are comfortable working independently, we are eager to hear from you.
- Clean facilities and work areas including furnishings, bathrooms, fixtures, walls, and floors; remove waste material
- Use of commercial vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaners, standard household power tools
- Wipe mirrors, and internal glass glazing
- Dusting and disinfecting all surfaces
- Assist with deliveries
- Restock consumables
- Track and maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies
- Maintain clean and attractive outside areas including a parking lot and rooftop terrace (shoveling snow, salting the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Assist with coordination of routine appliance cleaning schedules (changing air filters and cleaning vents, kitchen appliances, etc.)
- Receive, manage, and process work order requests; ensure problems are resolved quickly
- Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous pests as needed
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs as needed (replacing light bulbs, touch up paint, broken switches, fixing door handles, etc.)
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department
- Secure facilities after operating hours by arming the security system
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning products, equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move over 30 pounds
- Ability to squat, twist, bend, and kneel while using tools and performing maintenance tasks
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
- Time-management and multitasking abilities
- Organization skills
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow a schedule
- High school diploma is preferred but not required
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.