Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining.
In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024. As part of Astrobotic’s Planetary Landers Team, you will literally be creating history as we define the benchmark for commercial delivery of payloads to the Moon and beyond.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to help lead the development of infrastructure and services that enable software developers throughout the Planetary Landers, Planetary Mobility, and Future Missions & Technology departments. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving Astrobotic’s existing infrastructure using DevOps practices.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain internal company services, such as Jira, Confluence, and Gitlab
- Deploy and maintain code documentation services
- Build, deploy, and maintain virtual machine infrastructure and services for several software projects
- Maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure
- Improve the infrastructure and tools for development to meet the needs of multiple disciplinary software groups within the organization
- Provide relevant feedback in the planning of software development and testing across the organization
- Support general software static analysis and testing
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Using multiple operating systems and development environments, specifically Linux and Windows
- Experience with cluster orchestration tools, especially Kubernetes and MetalLB
- Using software version-control tools, such as Git and Maven
- Using shell-based commands and writing bash scripts
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker
- Working with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools, such as Jenkins, and Gitlab CI/CD
- Experience with high-availability clusters
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.