Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining.
Astrobotic was selected by NASA in May 2019 for a $79.5 million contract to deliver a suite of NASA instruments to the Moon. This mission will see the Peregrine lunar lander return America to the Moon with 22 payloads representing 5 countries. In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024.
Astrobotic wants you to support the human resources strategy for our growing team. If you’re our ideal candidate, you’ll be early in your Human Resources career, seeking the generalist knowledge and skills that will support your growth into a role with greater responsibility. You’ll begin by mastering the routine administrative functions of hiring, payroll, benefits, and legal compliance. From there, you’ll progress into owning projects that will support our strategic goals.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for employee questions related to payroll, benefits, and employment records
- Facilitating the recruiting process by posting jobs, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, and performing background checks
- Managing the employee onboarding and offboarding process
- Assisting in the administration of payroll and benefits processes
- Maintaining legal compliance with reports, audits, and required notices
- Assisting in the implementation of strategies related to employee engagement, training and development, compensation, and more
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar
- General understanding of U.S. employment law and human resources trends
- Proficiency with MS Office and ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail while multitasking
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to build rapport with others quickly
- Demonstrated commitment to and patience with resolving issues for others
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions independently
- Work or internship experience in a human resources or customer service setting
- Experience leading a school or community organization or project
- Interest in space, science, and technology, and comfort with technical language
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.