Affordable Space Technology & Missions
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company has grown rapidly, signing fifteen commercial customers representing seven countries for its lunar payload delivery service, and winning a $79.5 million NASA contract to fly scientific instruments aboard Peregrine, and again in June by winning a $199.5 million contract to deliver NASA’s water-hunting rover, VIPER, to the south pole of the Moon. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to join our Supply Chain team, with responsibility for purchasing and general related functions. The ideal candidate will have experience with Supplier selection, understanding of contracts, purchasing of Direct and MRO materials and equipment. The ideal candidate will also have experience communicating with Engineering teams, Candidates should anticipate that their responsibilities will evolve over time with the company’s growth.
- Manage day to day purchasing functions.
- Input, maintain and track purchase requisitions and purchase orders in CostPoint.
- Transmit purchase orders, contracts, and other communications between project teams and supplier.
- Monitor and expedite orders according to dock dates required to support mission timelines.
- Communicate with Sourcing and Engineers on Quote/proposal details and terms to ensure liability coverage for Astrobotic.
- Work with receiving to ensure goods are received and documented; manage returns to suppliers using the RMA process.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the procurement process as well as other processes related to this job function using feedback from teams.
- Facilitate setting up suppliers for use in CostPoint including establishing Credit Terms.
- Assist Accounting to reconcile invoice discrepancies including missing or incorrect invoices.
- Assist in Inventory management strategies including Direct and Indirect materials.
- Knowledge and understating of contract service agreements and Terms & Conditions of Purchase Orders.
- Assist Sourcing to build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 10% travel may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, related discipline or equivalent years of experience.
- 3-5 years relevant Supply Chain experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct business professionally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong skills in Excel.
- Ability to comprehend Engineering drawings and fine print.
- Ability to work for prolonged periods on a computer.
- Electronics Buyer experience is strongly desired.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software.
- Experience with Windchill Software.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.